Saturday, August 15, 2015

Series Review: The Dark Elements by Jennifer Armentrout

Title: White Hot Kiss, Stone Cold Touch, Every Last Breath
Series: The Dark Elements
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Date Published: July 28, 2015

Rate: 5/5 stars


            It’s kind of difficult to really write a book review when you’ve read the book about three weeks ago, but here I am now again breaking the blog hiatus because I don’t want the blog getting idle. So another series review, from a series by Jen Armentrout. It feels I had waited for forever for the last book and it feels like I have just read the first book yesterday. If you’d ask me why I love JLAs books, it’ll take me forever counting off the reasons. But JLA writes the best paranormal books you can find in YA.

            Let’s have the overview of the series in case, you, my lovely reader, haven’t read the series. It’s about a half-breed, gargoyle and human (or so she thought), saving the world against what might have been the end of it. Torn between two hot guys, one her childhood crush-who she grew up with and a sexy dark, sarcastic guy. So how would she save the world, being some kind of a freak, mix-breed? Read the series.

            Ohhhh how I had missed Roth so very much. And I certainly voted for him on the dark elements poll on who Layla should end up with. I had been very confident on the matter; I just hoped no one would die. #TeamRoth to my very last breath.

            So here in the last book, we can read that Layla had woman-ed up to deal with the two guys who pulled on her heart strings, I’m glad that she did that early in the book. And we get to see her accept who she is and fully develop her abilities for her own good and the many. We also get to meet the cutie Thumper and Robin. It was honestly my first time to cry on a love scene-here on this book-I had a rough day that time and I just teared up reading it. Beware though, have your heart ready for the breaking because of Bambi. That hurts, JLA. Thank you so much.

            The last book was all that I have expected and what I haven’t expected both at the same time.  Oh, and I have my perfect fancast for Roth, Bo Develius. Hmm, what do you guys think?



            You haven’t read a YA about gargoyles have you? Well, start with this one. You will be amazed how JLA would bury you into the world she created, just for you. This one’s my favorite book series by Jennifer and I’m so stoked on what she’s going to write next.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Dark Elements series and pretty much everything else JLA wrote so far (the one book I didn't like as much as the others was Wicked...). Great Review, honey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still havent read the dark elements, but I'm interested in reading now. And also haven't read still a book about gargoyles.

    ReplyDelete

bookkeeper's most visited