Sunday, March 1, 2015

ARC Review: The Prey by Tom Isbell




Title: The Prey
Author: Tom Isbell
Publisher: HarperTeen
Date published: January, 2015
Source: HarperCollins International

            I received a copy of this book as an ARC (Advanced Readers Copy) from Harpercollins International. I wish to review this book not because I’m compelled to do but I wanted to. All words in this review are solely my own.

             For the record, this post-apocalyptic dystopian novel made me feel a lot of feelings for a debut novel, from fear, to pain, to anger, to love. As I took a break from another book (my e-reader), I picked up this book and started reading. And I didn’t put it down until I was done with it. Like at 3 am in the morning.

            I loved how this book is kind of a mixture of the Hunger Games and The Maze Runner as it offered. You’ll get the combined thrill of reading those two books. Also reminded me of Pawn by Aimee Carter, Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness and Stolen by Melissa Dela Cruz, but this book is original, I promise.

And man, Tom knows how to name his characters. Hope, Book, Cat, Faith. Now that is what I call a genius. Also no book had ever made me want something so much from a book, and what I wanted here was a twin sister. I so wish I’d had a twin sister. “H and FT.” *Sob-fest* Thank you for splitting my soul into two Tom Isbell. Also I found here my new Annabeth and Percy. Hope and Book!
           
            I can’t further explain how good this book is, just trust me. Trust me that it’s worth the read and you won’t regret it. I bet you would even thank me for recommending it. A lot of dystopian books are out on the market now, but if you want a great read. Grab a copy of this book right now. Just remember what makes you different gets you in danger and at the same time makes you dangerous.

Rate: 5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

bookkeeper's most visited