Thursday, January 28, 2016

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard Book Review

Truthwitch
Witchlander Series #1
Susan Dennard
TorTeen
5/5 Stars




This will be my first book review for the year. You have no idea how we, Witchlanders, have waited so long for this book. I got picked for the Earth Clan in the search for Witchlanders by Susan. Nicola and Jada. Though I had struggles in keeping  with the Clan Heists because of activities in the uni and exams to pass, not to mention the time zone differences on Twitter Chats despite all those and the little participation I had, I can say that it had been an honor and a privilege to be a Witchlander and most of all it had been so much fun.

I could say that Truthwitch is one of that books that met all the expectations of the readers. Exceeded it even for some. For about 6 months the hype for the book never died down and when the book was released of course it came out as a NYT best seller, congrats to Susan! She deserved it all the well.

Now let's talk about the book. In this book you'd see Voyagers or Pirates if that's what you wanted to call them and avatars, I'm kidding on that last part. I meant witches, not the witches that do potions and stuff but witches that has different kinds of elemental magic. Some abilities are very rare and these abilities are in possession of the main characters in this book. How downright appealing would it be to be a walking lie detector test or a scent tester in another sense.

I liked Safiya, not for being the trouble maker that she is but that firm stand on everything that she believes and the loyalty for the not so many people she loved. She's the not so typical headstrong, independent and seductive girl you'd read in YA books. Now you could ask what makes her different. It's her love for Iseult. For that unbreakable friendship bond they shared. As for Iseult, she's the sweet girl that doesn&t need saving, she&s the one saving the day and her best friend. If there's something I admire the most in Iz, it's her heart.

A book is not complete without the romance and here I could qoute &some lovers started off as enemies and some enemies started off as lovers&well in this case you have to read the book to figure things out. Ask me who I ship and I'll tell you it's Iseult and Aeduan. This book in fact is full of hot guys. Hot-controlling-gentle guys all girls long to read about.

This is the first book I've read by Susan and because of Truthwitch I'll read all the books she had past written and will write once I get the time. If you don't read this book then you'll definitely miss out on all the epicness and awesome stuff. If you've read or you're reading books by Sarah J Maas-Susan&s threadsister, then you must, all things considered read Truthwitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

bookkeeper's most visited