Friday, April 29, 2016

The Fall of Butterflies ARC REview

Title: The Fall of Butterflies
Author: Andrea Portes
Publisher: Harper Collins
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Publication Date: May 16, 2016



This advance reader’s copy is generously given by HarperCollins International and Epic Reads. All the thanks, book shimmy and publisher love for my favourite publisher ever! 

All thoughts in this review are my own.

You know with every Andrea Portes’s novel that from the first page you read you would not expect a happy ending with rainbows and unicorns and stuff like that nope. She straightforwardly tells you it’s not like this in this book. Change your perspective. This is what I love in every book she writes because it’s very authentic and original. Unlike any book you’ve ever read.

Willa’s narration is a very witty one. Her thoughts are very smart and even if not well thought she manages to think straight connecting those things up. And even if it isn’t very organized, that is how people think, like, in real life. If you put your literally exact thoughts in a book this is what it will look like or (read like). She’s this girl-a misfit (like in most of Andrea’s books) in a new town-searching for the right place and people to fit in. And thank God, she found it for herself. Because that’s what people do in life, get lost and the maybe by any chance find their way back.

What’s better than a book full of feels? Books which have the characters you relate to the most. It’s like really scary. Like this thing really happens to you sometimes and you’re scared because you think you are the only person experiencing it or doing it but somewhere even in a fantasy world there may be someone like you. And there’s no such a great thing than a book that can put your thoughts in the exact words you can never string together.

Remy is the kind of person I only allow myself to get attached to be honest. I’m like Willa, in some significant ways. Willa is the person in the background and Remy is the "thing", that expensive painting and Willa is the wall she hangs in. Remy takes things to make her feel like she’s in love with everything and everyone but it come with a cost and that is, her slowly slipping away from everything. If this book didn’t make me think of things to try because of Remy I would be kidding you. But thank God again I’m not like her nor I’m like the guy in this book. I’d take this pretty ordinary life of mine, thank you. But it’s tempting though but I’m not giving in.

I had been wondering what the title means as I read page by page and now I think I get it. Sometimes butterflies aren’t meant to always fly or flutter or sip nectar in the garden. Some get pinned in science experiments, some fall to the ground unnoticed. Butterflies can never fly as high as an eagle because if they do they would fall to the ground and die. Better be content in the garden they are right now.

Another excellent book by Andrea! And look at that gorgeous cover. Just stare at it for a moment. I know you're tempted. Give in. You got to get yours.

Pre-order your copy here: Amazon\B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment

bookkeeper's most visited