Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Isle of the Lost by Melissa Dela Cruz Book Review

Title: The Isle of the Lost (Disney Descendants Prequel)
Author: Melissa Dela Cruz
Publisher: Disney Hyperion

Rating: 4/5 Stars

 

Have I ever mentioned I loved Disney? Of course. Everybody does, who can hate on Disney?

I’m so fond of reading fairytale retellings and I constantly rewatch old Disney movies. My favorite Disney movie of all is Beauty and the Beast. I love Belle. Favorite Disney Villain? I don’t actually have any. So yeah, I’ve been wanting to read about Disney characters ever since but I can’t actually find the perfect book that can make me like remember all the Disney movies I’ve watched and I think this book is the answer to every Disney fan out there.

In fairy tales it’s always Evil vs. Good and Good always wins. But this book, this one is about the Villains for once and not the goody good sweet characters. Like what if you were born in an Evil family and have a parent who is evil? What would you do and what are you expected to do?

Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos are the kids of the most cruel and terrifying villians we thought when we were kids, Maleficent, Evil Queen, Jafar and Cruella. They go to Demon Hall which teaches them to be evil, to carry on their parents unfinished business and to not repeat their mistakes for all the villains were exiled in the Isle of the Lost forever.


Mal goes on a quest to retrieve Maleficient’s scepter because there had been a glitch of magic because of Carlos’s invented device. The four of them went together in the forbidden castle, where they faced their fears and challenges but in the end they failed, they failed to be evil.

I love that this book tells a lesson that even if evil runs in your blood, that doesn’t mean you’re not good in the heart. I adored this book because it’s like I watched a new Disney movie featuring all the villains in my head and it was awesome. And *screams in excitement* because the actual movie “Disney Descendants” is coming out on Disney Channel this July 31st! So stoked to watch! I just know I will love the movie as much as I loved the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

bookkeeper's most visited