Thursday, June 4, 2015

A thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray Book Review

Hi! Co-blogger JM, here Again! A book about time travel that literally hopped me through different dimensions is today’s Book review! Last time I checked I was in the Philippines, but when I read the book I jumped to Russia then to London. Praise the heavenly Lord above that I read this!
Disclaimer: I have my own blog Novels On Trial that’s why it may be Identical to this post, but nevertheless I will continuously be loyal to this blog and still post regularly.
Book 1 of the Firebird Series

 
Title: A Thousand Pieces of You
Author: Claudia Gray
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Harper Collins/ Harper teen
Number of Pages: 357
RATING: 4.3 STARS

Sypnosis:
Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. But when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.

Marguerite can’t let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.

A Thousand Pieces of You explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure.

3 points:



Much more beautiful in person *own photo*
Plot. A unique and interesting concept covering the book. A centralized mind-set of Marguerite to kill Paul Markov whom she THINKS that killed her parents. the fact that Marguerite is chasing Paul with her companion Theo through different dimensions is awe-ing, but those dimensions really got me... one is London, and the other is Russia! every dimension they go through they are somebody else. for example, if you are a slave in your own world, then in the other dimension you are a prince... it did had me gripped!

Cover. I barely includes cover as a main point and as you can see in my blog cover, it says "Judging the  book, NOT by its cover" which is contradictory to what I am doing right now, but hey look at that majestic cover... the cover is not the whole basis of my rating by the way! I didn't fully judged the book by just looking at it so I'm not guilty to include this  as a main point... The cover filled my eyes with elegant colors and attractive concept. it did summarized and showed the whole premise of the book which is time travel and dimension hopping! it's an eye candy of a book, really!

Characters. Complex characters. even in other dimension they are so on-point of their different signature personalities that did defines who they really are. some of the characters did got me so sketchy about them and I saw their true colors at the end which satisfied, because skeptical it s, I felt about them since i got to know them... it kept me guessing over and over again til' the last part.

SEQUEL (Book 2)
My dear lord, another eye candy
of a novel!
**Release date: November 3, 2015**


Adjudication:

the book itself an stand on its own which perhaps can be a stand-alone novel but Gray did left some few strands of questions than can absolutely lead into a good sequel!The twist at the end part didn't quite got me since I kept on guessing since I flipped the first page (sarcastically) but it was a Good twist. not much of a mind-blowing twist but did made sense and satisfied me at the end. All in all I enjoyed it. I can't stop reading and kept me at the edge of my seat because of the scenes and events in every page! Now i crave for the sequel which i wish will be as good as the first book or perhaps better!

Buy A thousand Pieces of You:
Locally: National Bookstore | Fully Booked
Internationally: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. then buy it! :) It's really worth while and such an enjoyable and really interesting read!

      Delete

bookkeeper's most visited