Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh ARC Book Review



Title: The Wrath and The Dawn
Author: Renee Ahdieh
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Date Published: May 5, 2015

I received a copy of this book for review from Harlequin Teen because of Mr. Dante Cassius.  Many thanks to them for entrusting me the advanced readers copy (ARC) of this book and believing in me that I will make a good book review to encourage more readers and share the book love to people. All thoughts and words on this review are solely my own.

I always have a hard time starting to draft a review for a book I am so lost for words. YA Fantasy is the ever growing genre of YA that is so vast and diverse you have a thousand worlds to choose from. Amidst all those worlds nothing pulls me stronger than royal reads, I have just have a strong compulsion to read them.

So did you know that I have regrets, seriously, in not reading the books sooner. I mean I got this on my shelf since last April from the publisher, and I just read it because Lauren DeStefano keeps on tweeting about it and also Kiera Cass, so I actually decided to read this book and see for myself what the vibe is all about. And you should totally know what I found out.

The prologue and first two or three chapters are a bit confusing at first because apparently you need to read until the very last chapters to really know or unearth what happened in the prologue. The build-up of the story is so good, like so so good you can’t even. Also the character development is pretty powerful and absolutely meaningful at the same time.

Shazi, the heroine in the story is not the damsel in distress kind of girl she is the kind of girl who takes charge, takes the lead over guys and I adore this kind of girls above all. She’s acts as a fierce queen and proves to the world that even if she’s just a woman she is capable of anything, even killing a king. God knows we’re all drawn to what’s beautiful and broken. The protagonist-villain on the story is a monster, someone who people thinks is not capable of loving and being loved. Something about villainy guys and angelic guys charms me I don’t know but there is no in between. Khalid is every bit the imperfectly perfect lead male protagonist-antagonist in this story. You will probably hate him at first or loathe him but then things may change as the way things changed for Shazi.

I simply love the suspense, tension, romance, feels, literally the beauty this book contains. These good books are rare and must be read by all. These are the underrated books and unmainstream books that could honestly be your next favorite book. Here’s a screencap of my tweets on #TWATD and how hard I ship KHAZI and how I love Shazi and Khalid. 




I’d be prank with you if you haven’t read this book you will never get to know we deeper it means we can’t be friends so I advise you to run along now to your nearest bookstore and ask for a copy of the book or buy a nook edition on amazon or get the audiobook, it doesn’t matter as long as you get either one because I totally got them all. READ THIS BOOK. PLEASE READ IT. IT’S SO AWESOME IT SHOULDN’T JUST GO UNREAD.

PS: Book Rec after you’ve read this is An Ember in The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir, The Kiss of Deception by Mary Pearson and The Winner’s curse by Marie Rutkoski


Rate: 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

bookkeeper's most visited