Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #1


Top Ten Summer TBR list

'

   Weee it's SUMMER!!! You feel the summer heat? Not me, I smell the summer scent of books. *sniffs* Don't tell me you don't smell that. Anyway it's my first time to participate in this book blog stuff um.. (meme? So called?) so yeah.

   This is (I think) my last summer that I will be free as a student so might as well make the most out of it. You know, I struggled to read and keep up when school was still on resume, I didn't read-finish a single book in a week, it was almost heart-shattering, but now I have all the freedom! *ignites fireworks* Ha. Okay, these are the books that I will so definitely read this summer because *sings* I have died everyday waiting for them, I have loved them for a thousand years, I'll love them for a thousand more~

1. Love Lettes to the dead by Ava Delaira
Release Date: April 1, 2014




What made me want to read this book is Emma Watson (our very own Hemione Granger) because she tweeted and praised Ava about it, even before the book was out. And they say it's kind of like The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky so it means it's sad, tragic and heart-breaking and you know they are my favorite kinds of books to read, so you figured.

2. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: April 15, 2014


Oh sweet baby aliens, and gargoyles. Every JLA YA books are so worth (SO WORTH) the read. (If you haven't read any of them. READ NOW. As in right this second you run to a bookstore and buy WHITE HOT KISS. If you don't have money, just steal it. I'm kidding.) But don't even start on me about Roth and Dawson. I swear. So, I've read some reviews about this book and based on my observation, they say it's an OK book but let's see.

3. What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Release Date: April 15, 2014



Everything about Huntley's books are just so adorbs you just wanna sit there and hug them. Every word and every phrase and every paragraph are so adorable it'll make you euphoric. Contemporary perfect, is the way to describe it.

4. The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
Release Date: April 15, 2014



Was this the one about dragons? Or was it the vampires? Well, either or I still want to read it. Julie's writing is so magical, you feel the real story turning vivid before your eyes, it feels like watching a movie you directed yourself. And I read a review which said “it made me believe in vampires again” Vampires and blood, so be it.

5. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: April 15, 2014



After I've read “This Is What Happy Looks Like”, I've been wanting to read this book. I want to feel the love that Jen can make me feel again. The love that Graham and Ellie is just so pure, I want to feel it all over again through reading TGoY&M.

6. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater



The book has been waiting for me in the bookshelf for a long time. Aww, my precious little baby. I've been wanting to read this since forever. I am a fan of stallions and horses, I'd really love to ride on one and have one as my own (It's true. I'll choose a horse over a car, even a limousine.) When I read the summary of the book for the first time, I knew in my heart, no matter what, I'm going to read it and love it too.

7. Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins (Sweet Series #3)
Release Date: April 29, 2014



Please. I want to cry right now if Anna and Kai won't be together. After all that I've been through. I mean, after all they've been through-they deserve a very happy ending. And yeah, after all that I've been through waiting for the book to be released. It's no joke, it feels like I've waited for a decade! I deserve a sweet read and a sweet ending, Wendy!

8. The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection #3)
Release Date: May 6, 2014


America is THE ONE for Maxon. (Period. Period. Period. That's three periods. It means you have no right to add deduct to that sentence.) There's no Aspen here! Just King Maxon Calix Schreave and Queen America Schreave. Kiera please, don't disappoint me on this. Don't disappoint me like what Sarah J. Maas did. BECAUSE WHOEVER CHOOSES THE GUARD OVER THE PERFECT PRINCE? No one. “I choose the guard over the prince.” - said by no one ever.

9. Of Neptune by Anna Banks (Syrena Legacy #3)
Release Date: May 13, 2014



Until now, I still don't have a ship name for Galen and Emma as well as Toraf and Rayna. I still don't have a ship name for them, imagine that. (Because Poseidon's beard how could you even conjure one, it's hard) I just missed the laughs Toraf and Emma gives me, I feel sad. But yay just a few more days and the long wait is over. And PS: I can't wait to meet this new character named Reed! I can't also wait for my OF NEPTUNE bookmarks from Fierce Reads!

10. City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6)
Release Date: May 27, 2014



I'm both elated and dreadful for the release of this book. Cassie will torture us like John Green, Suzanne Collins and Veronica Roth did. I mean, duh 700+ pages of pain and tears and tragedy just wow if we can survive it. At least 6 people will be dead, love and lives would be sacrificed. Have some mercy? Sad things aside, I'm looking forward to Jem and Tessa here and of course the weddings and DSES as Cassie had mentioned. I wish it was May 27 already!



Summer would be so fulfilling if I finish all these books.

3 comments:

  1. I think you just added three or four books to ny own list! And YES on The One! Great list! I hope you'll visit mine!

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scorpio Races sounds awesome, I should pick it up too. Great list thanks for sharing :)
    http://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/top-ten-tuesday-winter-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got so many fantastic books on your list! I want to read a lot of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

bookkeeper's most visited